Sunday 24 April 2016

My DIY phase continues and as the terriers had made a hole in the old bedroom door that they could put a head through, I decided to try and replace it. The pine, cottage style door arrived- yes it was a bit heavier than I thought but got it into situ and measured how much would need to come off. I took off three inches with my trusty little electric saw. Easy peasey. The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted that maybe two inches or two and a half would have been better- hey ho- you have to learn on something.
The old door refused to come off until I prised it off with brute force and a giant srewdriver. I hung the door!! It is not perfect but the handle and catch took me longer than fitting the door itself. Again the eagle eyed will spot the small slit I drilled first before finding where the catch actually should be situated but it works. I was so pleased with myself- went to bed, relaxed and watched a ghost hunting program- I am fond of them. Then about midnight I needed the bathroom, opened the new latch and stepped through. The door pulled itself closed behind me with a noise like ccrrrr. I shot to the bathroom and locked the door. Maybe the door had brought its own ghost. I hear you laughing.
I might be mad but I sleep with five setters and if a ghost or anything else had appeared the noise would have been thunderous. They slept on peacefully having successfully taken over my spot on the bed. --- Still I hung a door- if I can do one I can do all the internal doors- yippee.


No comments:

Post a Comment