Sunday 3 April 2016

April 2nd. Because we live at the top of the country – just below John O Groats- the delivery times are usually abysmal. In fact some firms won’t deliver here even though we are in UK mainland. I ordered shampoo and conditioner from Katherines Botanicals yesterday afternoon and it arrived today. Hampshire to Caithness- you could not be further apart and still be in the UK. Cannot believe it but have used it already and it was lovely. In fact it has been a beautiful sunny day. The dogs were sunbathing on the decking. Some days things are just fine. Now I have to get back to the writing for a client in USA.
April Fool’s Day- had a trip to Wick to pick up Pom Bears- I know they will come on Tesco’s order tomorrow but I think they put something in them to make them addictive. Ate a packet whilst still in the car. Went to get a blade for the saw that cuts metal but had no luck so had to buy a wood trim for the door step that I will be able to cut. Bought a ‘cheap’ pack of paintbrushes because when I gloss paint, I throw away the brush. Cannot be doing with white spirit and stuff- Then went next door into Poundland and got three for a pound. Resisted the urge to buy plants and had a quick look in The Edinburgh Woollen Mill. They are closing down and the sale says everything must go but the prices were still the same as always. Guess all of the stock will just move to anther store. Dogs were pleased to see me back and are all now fed and quiet again so a coffee and the computer is my treat for a few minutes. Green double hellebores are out in the garden and Primula dendiculata.

No comments:

Post a Comment