Saturday 23 July 2016

I'm a lonely little orchid in an allium patch, an allium patch, an allium----- Amazingly the wild orchids that were in my garden years ago in Northumberland pop up in the most unexpected places. The seed must lie dormant for years and when the conditions are right, they brave the world again. I just love them.

 Here in Scotland there are a different wild orchid that grows all over the place and even in what used to be the entrance to a driveway and is now my small wild meadow.


The original song was a lonely little petunia and this year I found these jet black ones. Cannot believe it is actually black but it is. The little edged one is pretty as well.


The garden is always a joy except up here when the midges are about- they are just unbearable so I have been inside doing a few reclaiming jobs. My mum's old coffee tale had a marble top that smashed- it had done well for about forty years or so. I had been laminating the kitchen floor and used a couple of left over bits to make a new top.


And then there was my wardrobe- I asked the lady in the shop how much and she suggested £15- wow a bargain and two coats of emulsion later it is white and quite pretty.
Have exhausted myself just talking about all the jobs- must learn to relax like out Pops.





No comments:

Post a Comment