Sunday 3 April 2016

29th March 2016 This time of the year is always a pleasure because all of the good weather, gardening weather and anything else you want to do weather is ahead- well unless you want to go snow boarding or something. The dogs can get out for more running and do not come in covered in mud. The new shoots spring forth from the ground and fair weather gardeners like me come out of the woodwork.
Other stuff starts to grab your attention as well and I have laid my fair isle knitting to one side and decided to try laminating floors by myself. Well there were sales at the DIY stores, the whitewashed planking look really appealed to me and I made a stab at the kitchen floor. Light grey was a bit of a daft choice with the dogs but I liked it and it took me about half of the room to work out how to do it. So it was not perfect but I was quite pleased with the result, painted the walls and had some packs left over- the hallway beckoned. Changed the whitewashed look for rustic oak and started on the 24 square yards of hallway. Painted the walls and did the floor in three days- now I was feeling really confident. It looks good but still needs the edges finishing. I have to admit I am knackered. Arms, wrists, legs and back all hurt a lot but back to the other job.
It’s good for your mind to have lots to think about and I am writing for a new gardening magazine on the web- www.gardenerspath.com  Thank goodness that is a job as well as the ghost writing that I can do sitting down.
Now I am considering hanging the internal doors when I have recovered- wish me luck with that one !!!
Now I am considering hanging the internal doors when I have recovered- wish me luck with 

No comments:

Post a Comment